Step by Step Guide to Getting Started with Harlow
Not sure where to start? We've got you covered.
1. Update your profile settings.
- Why: Once populated, your settings will feed different parts of the app. For example, your color palette will be used in Proposal templates. Your address & company name will auto-populate in Contracts and your payment terms & currency will auto-fill on your Invoices.
- Where: Click the red icon in the top right-hand corner and click on "Settings".
2. Create your first Client.
- Why: Input your client and their contact details for easy access when you build your first proposal or invoice. Once you create a client, you can also start adding tasks and projects, integrate your calendar, and more!
- Where: Click the "Create" button in the top right of your screen, from your Dashboard, or go to the Clients tab and click "Create Client"
3. Connect your Google calendar.
- Why: You can pull in all of your meetings so you have a full view of your clients in one place.
- Where: Click "Connect with Calendar" from the main dashboard.
4. Build & send your first Proposal.
- Why: You can use Harlow's proposal template to sign new clients or renew existing clients for a new project.
- Where: Go to the Proposals and Contracts tab, go to the "Template Library", click on the template to customize.
5. Get your first Contract signed.
- Why: Contracts help protect freelancers from liability, you'll want to make sure all of your clients sign a contract before you begin work.
- Where: Go to the Proposals and Contracts tab, go to the "Template Library", toggle from proposals to contracts in the top left corner, click on the template to customize.
6. Track Tasks against specific Clients or Projects.
- Why: Tasks are important so you can stay on track and understand deliverables for clients.
- Where: Add tasks through the "Create" button in the top right of your screen, from the main dashboard, or by clicking into an existing client.
7. Track time to ensure accurate Invoicing.
- Why: If you bill hourly, or just want to understand the time you are spending getting work done, Harlow makes it simple to track time and then apply it to your upcoming invoices.
- Where: You can start your time by clicking the clock icon in the top center from anywhere in the app. Once you're ready to log time, simply click on the time and enter the details associated.
8. Send your first Invoice.
- Why: Everyone should love getting paid! Invoicing through Harlow is easy regardless of how you bill clients - by project, hourly, or retainer.
- Where: Create an invoice through the "Create" button in the top right of your screen, from the main dashboard, from the clients tab, or directly in the finances tab.
9. Watch those $ roll in on the main dashboard.